System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 Beta 1 offers support for managing Unix and Linux clients (and Mac OS clients as well). When download loading the beta SP1 bits, the client bits aren't available and need to be downloaded separately.
The following Unix and Linux versions are supported in Beta 1:
- AIX Version 7.1 (Power)
- AIX Version 6.1 (Power)
- AIX Version 5.3 (Power)
- HP-UX Version 11iv3 (IA64 & PA-RISC)
- HP-UX Version 11iv2 (IA64 & PA-RISC)
- RHEL Version 6 (x86 & x64)
- RHEL Version 5 (x86 & x64)
- RHEL Version 4 (x86 & x64)
- Solaris Version 10 (x86 & SPARC)
- Solaris Version 9 (SPARC)
- SLES Version 11 (x86 & x64)
- SLES Version 10 SP1 (x86 & x64)
- SLES Version 9 (x86)
The following scenarios are supported by the UNIX and Linux clients:
- Hardware Inventory - Hardware inventory can be viewed through Resource Explorer and can be used to create collections of UNIX and Linux computers.
- Software Inventory - Through hardware inventory the list of natively installed software can be gathered from the UNIX and Linux computers - similar to add/remove programs for Windows systems.
- Software Distribution - Deploy new software, update existing software and apply OS patches to collections of UNIX/Linux computers (using a package and program). Run arbitrary maintenance scripts on a collection of UNIX/Linux servers.
- Secure and Authenticated Communications
- Consolidated Reports
For more information and to download the client files, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34609