Monthly Archives: May 2010

SCCM: Administrator Console Locked up, Frozen, Hosed, or Hung solution

Today I received an email from a tech who complained that the Configuration Manager administrator console we have installed on a Windows 2003 terminal server was hosed up. I’ve seen this happen in a few instances. I’m not entirely sure … Continue reading

Posted in sccm | Tagged , | Leave a comment

System Center Configuration Manager Beta 1 has been released!

It’s been a long time coming, and I’m very excited for the release of Configuration Manager v.Next. Listed below are just some of the bullet points in this release. You can see the full announcement here. Today we are very … Continue reading

Posted in ConfigMgr 2012 | Tagged , | Leave a comment

SCCM: Software Distribution Fails with Error Code 1603 in Execmgr.log

Error code 1603 by definition is just a generic windows installer (MSIexec) fatal error code. Yesterday I was seeing this for a software package deployment. The interesting part of this was this was an application that was packaged for us … Continue reading

Posted in sccm | Tagged , , | 3 Comments

SCCM: How to Restore the All Systems Collection in SCCM/SMS

When I got into the office this morning an email came in from one of our technicians. The issue was that he couldn’t see the All Systems collection anymore and wanted me to put it back. Since I know I … Continue reading

Posted in sccm | 3 Comments

SCCM: Collection Query to get all machines who haven’t rebooted in X amount of Days

Here’s a query that I use to see all machines who haven’t rebooted in 7 days. You can change the 7 to however many days you want. select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_OPERATING_SYSTEM on SMS_G_System_OPERATING_SYSTEM.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where DATEDIFF(DD, … Continue reading

Posted in sccm | Tagged , , | 2 Comments

SCCM: How to Determine Content Download to Cache Issues

Over the past couple of days I’ve been fighting with an application that a 3rd party vendor packaged for us. The package in question is an MSI that calls numerous other files. In total, the package has over 3000 files … Continue reading

Posted in sccm | Tagged , , | 7 Comments

SCCM: Program failed (download failed – content mismatch) for advertisement failures

Today I was noticing on a few of our advertisements that all of our machines in the collection had received the “Program failed (download failed – content mismatch)” failure message. Upon receiving this error message, I came across a blog … Continue reading

Posted in sccm | Tagged , , , , | 2 Comments